Communication Skills and Strategies
Application deadline: June 28, 2013
Effective communication is vital for the success of personal interactions and for organizational communication. Communication skills are particular to various situations. It is thus imperative to undergo communications training to develop and improve communication skills related to various roles in civil society organizations. This course will balance both theoretical and practical skills required for good communication. It is designed to equip participants in communication activities including working with the media, fundraising communication, developing press kits, influencing public policy and formulating a strategic communication plan.
Objectives of the course
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Craft their message
• Partner with the mass media to generate and sustain positive publicity;
• Enhance fundraising;
• Build grassroots advocacy and support;
• Influence public policy;
• Build collaborative relationships that emphasize trust and respect;
• Communicate effectively using simple, concise and direct language;
• Eliminate the roadblocks that undermine your organisations’ ability to communicate effectively;
• Develop press kits; and
• Formulate a communication strategy for your organisation.
• Case studies
• Group work
• Brain storming
This course is intended for practitioners, communications officers for CSOs, community development workers and community education officers to develop basic communication skills and understanding that will prove useful in a range of roles.
600 Ghana Cedis
Participants will bear their transportation and accommodation costs.
Language of instruction: English
Download list of courses
29-31 July, 2013