The West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) is a regional non-governmental organisation dedicated to enhancing the capacities of civil society organisations in West Africa toward greater sustainability and operational and development effectiveness.
In response to an identified need for structured practical capacity enhancement for young West Africans, WACSI introduced a Next Generation Internship Programme (NGIP) in January 2008 aimed at developing the next generation of African scholars and practitioners. The programme primarily targets young West Africans, either fresh graduates or early career professionals, seeking work experience in WACSI’s core areas of work. Interns are expected to commit to WACSI for six months during which time they will be fully involved in all WACSI activities and enhance their knowledge and capacities for leadership, knowledge and programme management, and critical development issues for West Africa, among other areas.
WACSI is therefore seeking interns interested in enhancing their civic consciousness and developing their professional capacity. They will be embedded in WACSI’s core areas of work i.e. Capacity Development, Policy Influencing and Advocacy and Knowledge Management.
This is a predominantly self-funded internship. The institute will support interns with fully furnished accommodation and lunch during working days for the duration of the internship.
• Preference will be given to applicants with high proficiency in English or French and a working knowledge of the other.
• The successful intern will spend a substantial part of her/his internship working at the WACSI office in Accra, Ghana.
• The internship period is from July to December 2020.
• Interested candidates will be required to cover their internship – related expenses. WACSI will subsidise the cost by providing fully furnished accommodation and lunch during work periods for the duration of the internship.
• Considering the current COVID 19 context, only applicants resident in Ghana during the period will be considered for this round of applications.
Due to the volume of applications, ONLY successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Interested applicants should send the following documents to email@example.com by 9 June 2020
- Application letter and comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please state in the subject of the application letter your area of interest e.g. Application for Capacity Development Intern.
- Names and contact of two referees; and
- Letter of motivation expressing career goals and how the internship will contribute to achieving them.
- Applicants for the Knowledge Management internship must submit a writing sample of no more than 3 pages.