[Accra- 5 August 2022] The Association for Research on Civil Society in Africa (AROCSA) has open invitations for interested parties to submit abstracts for contributions to its two-day 6th Annual Conference slated for September 7-8, 2022, in Dakar, Senegal.
The conference which is under the theme: ‘The Role of Civil Society Organisations in Safeguarding and Supporting Human and Environmental Health in Africa,’ will be the first in-person conference for African civil society researchers and practitioners to come together, exchange knowledge and build relationship, since the last sitting in 2019.
The dialogue which is also a hybrid event will be held at the Cheikh Anta Diop University and would create a tactical platform for speakers to discuss pressing issues confronting the African continent in a pre-post covid-19 era.
The convening will focus on interrogating the role of African civil society in safeguarding and supporting human and environmental health in the face of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic which exposed the fragility of health infrastructure across the continent while increasing menace of climate change and how these threaten human survival in the African region.
In line with this, papers and contributions can focus on the following thematic areas:
- Human and environmental health in the context of climate change: Exploring the One Health approach
- Pandemic and Emergency Preparedness and Response in Africa
- The role of state and non-state actors in disaster preparedness and response in Africa
- African civil society advocacy agenda for sustainable development and climate change Technology and research agendas to inform development in a changing climate
- Poverty, climate change and biodiversity in Africa
- Female farmers, resilience to climate change and weather variability in Africa
- Regional organizations, resource governance and the African strategy on climate change
- Pandemic, essential health service delivery and primary health care system in Africa
- Health and safeguarding needs of women and children in contexts of humanitarian emergencies in Africa
Authors must register for the conference by 30 August 2022, to have their presentation scheduled in the conference program. The completed paper must be submitted to the Session moderator by August 19th, 2022, to allow adequate time for moderators to read the paper and send a copy to email@example.com by 19 August 2022 for access to all conference participants.
To download the full call document, please click here.
To submit your paper, please click here.
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.