WACSI in collaboration with TechSoup Europe seeks to engage a committed, Digital Safety and Security Expert to work on the translation and localisation project of the Digital Security and Safety self-paced online course. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified persons for the position below:
Localisation Expert (Consultant)
The expert will mainly work to adapt the course to the reality and the understanding of the French Speaking Audience in West Africa by using relevant examples. The localisation of the course should be tailored to the needs of the entire French-speaking region of West African countries, as opposed to one specific country. S/He will work closely with the project coordinator and consult with him/her on the locally relevant examples before introducing them into the course content.
- Familiarise with the English version of the course,
- Revise the French translation of the course,
- Ensure the terminology is accurate,
- Check if the examples are relevant for the French Speaking audience
- Provide locally relevant examples that will appeal to the target audience and introduce them into the course content,
- Proofread the final version of the course in French.
Educational Qualification & Experience
- First degree in Information and Technology, content creation, translation studies or any related field
- Experience in training on Digital Security and Safety.
- Experience in course development content for Francophone West Africa Countries
- Experience in Translation and domestication
- Experience with capacity building interventions for Civil Society Organisations in West Africa.
- Native French Speaker with advanced command of the English language.
- Knowledge of the Digital Safety and Security terminology in both languages is strongly preferred.
- Results-oriented and good interpersonal skills.
- Good written communication
- Good knowledge and interest in the use of technology for social change
- Passionate about social impact
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to work excellently in teams and independently
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
Duration of Consultancy: 70 – 80 hours equivalent to approximately 10 working days.
Interested applicants for consultancy must submit an application letter and Curriculum Vitae/Resume in English with names of referees and a sample of a similar work done by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com
Closing date for submission of all applications is Saturday 18 September 2021.
- Priority will be given to bilinguals (French/English)
WACSI is an equal opportunity employer
Applications from female candidates are highly encouraged
- Due to the volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted for interview.