WACSI, in collaboration with TechSoup Europe, is looking to engage qualified individuals to work on creation of content on digital security and safety to be published on the Hive Mind, an online training and community of practice platform for social activism. Hive Mind helps to convene CSOs, activists, journalists and trainers through campaigns, educational and analytical experiences, to help them increase faith in themselves as participants in democracy. It also provides an opportunity to build a stronger community that can engage in campaigns and actions supporting democratic rights and norms, in response to shrinking civic space and digital safety and security concerns.
General description of Assignment
The consultant will develop and produce interesting content to be published on the Hive Mind platform. The topics should be somehow linked to Hive Mind thematic pillars:
- Countering disinformation,
- Digital Security,
- Media Literacy
- Positive Narratives,
- Online Campaigning,
- Resilience: digital, personal, organizational, mental.
Accepted formats of materials on Hive Mind include articles (e.g., general insights, tips & tricks, interviews with experts and activists, case studies), webinars, videos, podcasts, infographics.
- Familiarise with the Hive Mind platform.
- Review sample published content to become acquainted.
- Produce captivating web content for the purpose of informing and engaging audiences on a variety of topics.
- Research into thematic areas of interest for the purpose of ensuring that all contents are credible, accurate and correct.
- Develop, manage and implement an effective content development plan.
- Ensure that content produced is well optimised for the best SEO ranking.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science and technology, content creation, translation, or any other related field.
- Experience in writing articles or production of content for online publishing.
- Knowledge of relevant technological terminologies is highly desirable.
- Results-oriented and good interpersonal skills.
- Good written communication.
- Good knowledge and interest in technological tools for social change.
- Passionate about social impact.
- Good time management.
- Ability to work excellently in a team and independently.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
Duration of the engagement: 70 to 80 hours, or about 10 working days.
Interested individuals should submit a letter of application and curriculum vitae (CV) in English with names of reference persons and a sample of similar work done by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission of all applications is Friday 20 January 2022.