WACSI, in collaboration with TechSoup Europe, is looking to engage qualified individuals to work on translation of articles/content from English to French and French to English, on digital security and safety to be published on the Hive Mind, an online training and community of practice platform for social activism. Hive Mind helps to convene CSOs, activist, journalists and trainers through campaigns, educational and analytical experiences, to help them increase faith in themselves as participants in democracy. It also provides an opportunity to build a stronger community that can engage in campaigns and actions supporting democratic rights and norms, in response to shrinking civic space and digital safety and security concerns.
The consultant will be translating:
- content that is originally written in English language to French language or
- content that is originally written in French language to English language
- Become familiar with the Hive Mind platform.
- Review some published content to become acquainted.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in translation, languages, linguistics, or any other related field.
- Experience in translation of digital security or technology related content.
- Advanced command of English or French language.
- Knowledge of technological terminologies in both languages is highly desirable.
- Results-oriented and good interpersonal skills.
- Good written communication.
- Good knowledge and interest in technological tools for social change.
- Passionate about social impact.
- Good time management.
- Ability to work excellently in a team and independently.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
Duration of the engagement: 70 to 80 hours, or about 10 working days.
Interested individuals should submit a letter of application and curriculum vitae (CV) in English with names of reference persons and a sample of similar work done by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission of all applications is Friday 27 January 2022.