Hivemind Community of Practice for Digital Activists in Ghana
The increasing use of technology in the sub-region has placed Civic Space under threat, both online and offline. CSOs play a critical role in safeguarding citizens and vulnerable communities and encouraging online behaviors that support democracy and an open society. As the COVID-19 pandemic fueled the digital transformation journey of several organisations, a whole new world of challenges and opportunities emerged.
Hive Mind (formerly known as the Digital Activism Hub) is a platform that provides a learning space on digital safety and security for civil society organisations, digital activists, and trainers. The platform seeks to bridge the gap in digital literacy, digital security and resilience of civil society organisations and actors.
The HiveMind Upscaling project seeks to create a Community of Practice where Civil Society actors and practitioners will come together to address the resilience need of CSOs to foster growth and engagement of the sector.
This call seeks to invite expression of interest of digital activists to take part in a community of practice workshop seeking to build their capacities to respond more effectively to the ongoing evolution of digital safety and security challenges in the region.
The workshop will cover the following aspects:
- Digital Literacy
- Digital Activism
- Digital Resilience
Digital Activists with interest in participating in the Community of Practice workshop within the framework of the project are strongly encouraged to apply here by 27 January 2023.
The objective of the workshop is to strengthen the capacity of fifteen (15) Civil Society representatives and deepen exchanges and cooperation within an international Community of Practice to move towards a self-learning, resilient network.
The Community of Practice (CoP) workshop will take place in Accra, Ghana on the 9-10 February 2023.
The expected outcomes of the project include:
- Participating CSOs are empowered to fulfill their activist role and support democratic and open societies through the power of digital transformation.
- The HiveMind Community of Practice (CoP) act as a resilient, innovative and safe space for CSOs/digital activists with a focus on capacity building, collaboration and exchanges.
Interested digital activists will be required to commit and participate in the 2-day workshop. They must meet the following criteria:
- Based in Ghana, or willing to fund their travel and personal expenses to and from their country of origin.
- Registered or start registration process on Hive Mind
- Must have fair knowledge in digital security and safety.
- Interested in technology for development.
- Willing and available to attend the in-person 2-day Community of Practice (CoP) workshop.
- Motivated to actively engage and collaborate within the HiveMind Community of Practice (CoP) to network and drive innovation.
Interested digital activists should fill out the application form and submit it by 27 January 2023.
We will notify you of our decision within a week after the deadline. Selected applicants would receive detailed information about their responsibilities in the programme.
FOR ENQUIRIES, PLEASE CONTACT
Kwame Asante, Project Officer, Marketing and IT Support, email@example.com, +233 54 555 1705
Kindly note that all your personal data submitted in the scope of this project will only be used for the implementation of HiveMind Upscaling project and for any related activities falling within WACSI’s or its partners mission and scope of activities.