Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified persons for the under listed position:
Programme Assistant, Policy Influencing and Advocacy
Work closely with the Head of Policy Influencing and Advocacy to implement a gender and women’s rights related project throughout West Africa.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Assist with the coordination and implementation of a project on Women’s Collective Action in Francophone West Africa working closely with WACSI partners in the target countries
• Conduct desktop research on key thematic areas of the institute including women economic and financial inclusion, gender equality policies, women’s rights, community and grassroot organising, and advocacy.
• Develop and draft project work plans, narrative and technical reports, concept notes and other documentation, such as briefs, newsletter, terms of reference, agenda, training curriculum and resource materials.
• Develop project budget, budget narratives and supervise budget implementation
• Liaise between WACSI and its project partners, and connect with beneficiaries in target countries
• Assist in organizing policy meetings (physically and virtually), training, learning reflections and other workshops
• Contribute to advocacy strategy planning, execution, monitoring and evaluation
• Represent WACSI at external events, nationally and internationally, and position WACSI for expanded work on women and gender
• Execute other activities as may be identified by the Head of Policy Influencing and Advocacy and/or the Executive Director
Qualification & Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree in a gender study, law or any other social science field. An advanced degree will be preferred WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE
• At least 2-3 years’ experience in project management, coordination, and implementation, particularly within a civil society organization
• Experienced and interest in gender and women’s issues and programming
• Knowledgeable about gender advocacy process, spaces, and institutions/actors in West Africa
• Familiar with gender laws, norms and policies at national, regional and global levels
• Demonstrated experience in research and policy analysis, and network management
Key Requirements for this position
• Fluency in both French and English (written/spoken required).
• Excellent communication skills (perfect verbal and written skills), highly organised and resourceful.
• High computer literacy with strong working knowledge of Windows Office Software.
• Flexibility, ability to multitask, detail-orientated and positive.
• Exercise initiative and meet strict deadlines with the ability to prioritise.
• Enthusiastic team player and excellent people’s skills.
• Demonstrate ability to solve problems, focused, available and flexible.
• Ability to work in a diverse team.
Interested applicants must submit their application which should include the following documents to email@example.com
i. Application letter and Curriculum Vitae/Resume
ii. Copies of certificates
iii. Names and contacts of 2 Referees
Closing date for submission of all applications is Friday November 26, 2021.
WACSI is an equal opportunity employer