The West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) was established to build the institutional and operational
capacity of civil society in West Africa, through knowledge management, capacity development and policy
influencing. WACSI seeks a committed, motivated and dynamic person to join its team in contributing to
enhancing civil society’s efficiency and effectiveness in West Africa. The Officer will undertake activities that
seek to strengthen the institutional and operational capacity of civil society organisations (CSOs).
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified persons for the under listed position for a 12 months
Programme Assistant, Policy Influencing and Advocacy
Work closely with the Head of Policy Influencing and Advocacy to implement a gender and women’s rights related
project throughout West Africa.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Assist with the coordination and implementation of a project on Women’s Collective Action in
Francophone West Africa working closely with WACSI partners in the target countries
• Conduct desktop research on key thematic areas of the institute including women economic and
financial inclusion, gender equality policies, women’s rights, community and grassroot organising,
• Develop and draft project work plans, narrative and technical reports, concept notes and other
documentation, such as briefs, newsletter, terms of reference, agenda, training curriculum and
• Develop project budget, budget narratives and supervise budget implementation
• Liaise between WACSI and its project partners, and connect with beneficiaries in target countries
• Assist in organizing policy meetings (physically and virtually), training, learning reflections and
• Contribute to advocacy strategy planning, execution, monitoring and evaluation
• Represent WACSI at external events, nationally and internationally, and position WACSI for
expanded work on women and gender
• Execute other activities as may be identified by the Head of Policy Influencing and Advocacy and/or
the Executive Director
Qualification & Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree in a gender study, law or any other social science field. An advanced degree will
• At least 2-3 years’ experience in project management, coordination, and implementation,
particularly within a civil society organization
• Experienced and interest in gender and women’s issues and programming
• Knowledgeable about gender advocacy process, spaces, and institutions/actors in West Africa
• Familiar with gender laws, norms and policies at national, regional and global levels
• Demonstrated experience in research and policy analysis, and network management
Key Requirements for this position
• Fluency in both French and English (written/spoken required).
• Excellent communication skills (perfect verbal and written skills), highly organised and resourceful.
• High computer literacy with strong working knowledge of Windows Office Software.
• Flexibility, ability to multitask, detail-orientated and positive.
• Exercise initiative and meet strict deadlines with the ability to prioritise.
• Enthusiastic team player and excellent people’s skills.
• Demonstrate ability to solve problems, focused, available and flexible.
• Ability to work in a diverse team.
Interested applicants must submit their application which should include the following documents to
firstname.lastname@example.org copied to email@example.com
i. Application letter and Curriculum Vitae/Resume
ii. Copies of certificates
iii. Names and contacts of 2 Referees
Closing date for submission of all applications is Friday 3 September, 2021.
WACSI is an equal opportunity employer