LEAP Africa in partnership with Union Bank has announced the call for applications for the 2020/ 2021 cohort of the Social Innovators Programme (SIP), a one-year accelerator fellowship for young West African changemakers between 18-35 years. Over the years, through the SIP, LEAP Africa have collaborated with its corporate partners, renowned faculty of experts and mentors to strengthen and advance youth-led social entrepreneurship in Nigeria with the aim of enhancing the scale of their impact and sustainability of their ventures.The SIP takes a holistic approach in raising and enabling Africa-wide talent for the actualization of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by supporting youth with innovative approaches to social problems to build capacity, develop long-term connections and establish credible enterprises. After 7 years of successful implementation in Nigeria, the fellowship is opening up to social entrepreneurs from Anglo West African countries in the upcoming cohort. For more information and to apply, please click here. Thank you.
- Young women and men between 18 and 35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across anglophone West Africa.
- Applicants must be Initiators/ Co-founders of a socially focused venture/enterprise located in anglophone West Africa.
- Applicants must have been involved in operating their ventures/ enterprise beyond 12 months prior to the time of this application.
- Applicants must be available to participate in the Fellowship activities including implementation of appropriate systems to sustain their innovation over the course of the fellowship year.
- Access to an established faculty and curriculum to equip you to build effective system and sustainable structures in your enterprise
- Access to a support ecosystem of professionals as mentors, advisory services, skills and other resources towards enterprise growth
- Access to impact investment opportunities and funding partnerships from local and international partners
- Opportunity to build valuable networks and partnerships to amplify your enterprise credibility both locally and internationally
- A chance to win NGN 1,000,000 (or its USD equivalent) as sustainability grant award from Union Bank at the end of the fellowship year
* Women are strongly encouraged to apply
Deadline: Application portal is open till 11: 59 pm WAT on August 30th, 2020.